See what our members are up to on Flickr!
Art Dolls Only on Flickr - View this group's photos on Flickriver

Search This Site

1.30.2013

Member Spotlight: Denise Galet

Welcome to Art Dolls Only's Member SPOTLIGHT! ADO shares an article focusing on it's members on the 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th and 30th of each month! (February's 30th installment will share on the 28th)

Today's member spotlight is Denise Galet of Darklight Creations.  Denise is from Ohio.


What kind of Art Dolls do you create?
I create one of a kind polymer clay babies, fairies and more. 
They range in size from 3 inches up to 20 inches.
 I make full sculpts as well as partial, with jointed cloth bodies. 
I have also been working on creating bjd dolls, which can be very difficult, but I am having fun finding new ways to make it work for me.




What is your primary medium?
I mostly use polymer clay.

How long have you been a doll maker?
I have been making dolls since February 2003.

How did you get your start in doll making?
I was looking on e-bay and came across an ooak baby, and I decided to buy some clay and try to make a doll for myself.

Where did you learn to make dolls?
I am self-taught with help from the internet as well as other wonderful helpful artists.

Do you have a favorite doll that you have made?
I have a few favorites, and that does change as I make new dolls, but this is one I really was sad to see go to her new home.




What is the most difficult aspect in your process, (anatomy/costuming/doing the bloody hair) and how you manage it?
I find finishing the doll difficult at times. My most favorite part is creating a doll from scratch from a lump of clay.


What is your favorite venue to share your work?
 I share most of my work through my facebook fan page and homepage.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkLight-Creations/272717568890
https://www.facebook.com/denise.gelet/friends?ft_ref=frh

What research do you do before you create?
I browse the internet for reference pictures and I also have books that I use as reference as well.

What are you currently working on?
 I am working on an 18 inch baby gorilla, and a few others at the moment.
This little one needs a body, paint and fur and he will be complete.


Where can our fans find you on line?
My work can be found on:
My website:
http://darklightcreation.webs.com/
My facebook fan page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/DarkLight-Creations/272717568890
My Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/your/listings/

No comments:

Post a Comment