See what our members are up to on Flickr!
Art Dolls Only on Flickr - View this group's photos on Flickriver

Search This Site

1.05.2013

Member Spotlight: Sarah Timmerman


Welcome to Art Dolls Only's Member SPOTLIGHT! ADO shares an article focusing on it's members on the 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th and 30th of each month! (February's 30th installment will share on the 28th)

Today's member spotlight is Sarah Timmerman.  Sarah is from Northern Kentucky.  


What kind of Art Dolls do you create?
Mainly ribbon jointed polymer clay dolls but i'm always up for new challenges!! 

What is your primary medium?
Polymer Clay

How long have you been a doll maker? Around 2 years

Where did you learn to make dolls?
Self taught, just picked up some clay one day and started making a doll but I've been creating some form of art most of my life and have my degree in Graphic Design.

Share a little about your first doll. My first doll was very small only around 4 inches. I still have her and am working on improving her.


What art do you most identify with? Surrealism

Do you have a favorite doll that you have made?  My Were Girl Doll, she was something different for me since I mainly use polymer clay it was nice to switch to a different medium. She is a hand painted canvas doll.
  Where does your inspiration come from? Anywhere and everything!

What is your favorite supply to work with? Super Sculpey and Puppen Fimo


What is the most difficult aspect in your process?
   Costuming, I never follow a pattern and just make it up as I go. 

What does your work area look like?
Not very big, its actually in our dining room. I live in a house with 6 boys so there isn't much room :)

What advice would you give new doll artists?
Never give up! The harder you work at it the better you will become.

What is your dream project? To make a large ball jointed doll

What are you currently working on?
Well right now I'm working on theses 4 dolls but have so many other ideas for new things!!

Where can our fans find you on line? 

Facebook 
Pinterest
http://artbizarrecreations.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment