See what our members are up to on Flickr!
Art Dolls Only on Flickr - View this group's photos on Flickriver

Search This Site

4.30.2013

Member Spotlight: Constanza Orozco Tovar


Welcome to Art Dolls Only's Member SPOTLIGHT! ADO shares an article focusing on it's members on the 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th and 30th of each month! (February's 30th installment will share on the 28th)

Today's member spotlight is Constanza Orozco Tovar. Constanza is a Colombian artist who now lives in Houston, Texas. She has been creating artist dolls since 1981. All of her pieces are fantasy themed. Her fantastic characters take shape from her imagination and have realistic faces. Each piece is painted by hand, and has clothes designed and handmade by the artist.


What kind of Art Dolls do you create?


I do fairies, elves, and magicians, and can create custom work.



What is your primary medium?

I originally work with clay, and then I reproduce my doll bodies with a mold in ceramics or porcelain. 

How did you get your start in doll making?

I was motivated to try doll-making in 1981 by a friend who worked with ceramics. 

Do you have a favorite doll that you have made? 

One of my favorite pieces is a ceramic flower fairy who is articulated and has natural hair.

  

What are your favorite materials to create with?

Ceramic and porcelain

What is your favorite technique?

My favorite technique is to model in clay and use it as a means to reproduce dolls by casting from molds.


What is the most difficult aspect in your process, and how you manage it?

The most difficult aspect of my process is articulating my pieces.

Do have any doll artists that inspire you?

The work of various artists who create dolls is a real motivation for me, and inspires me to continue working. 

What is your dream project?

My dream is to continue to work in the United States, and to be able to create dolls every day. I'd love to further perfect my pieces, and one day create BJD dolls. 

Where can our fans find you on line? 

www.constanza.wednode.es
www.constanzaorozco.blogspot.com
constanzaot@facebook.com



1 comment:

  1. THANKS FOR POSTING MY INTERVIEW THANK YOU SO FAR FOR TRAVELING WHEN WAS PUBLISHED......A HUG

    ReplyDelete