See what our members are up to on Flickr!
Art Dolls Only on Flickr - View this group's photos on Flickriver

Search This Site

7.29.2013

Member Spotlight: Mary Zeaki from Kymeli Hand Made

Welcome to Art Dolls Only's Member SPOTLIGHT! ADO shares an article focusing on it's members on the 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th and 30th of each month! (February's 30th installment will share on the 28th)

Today's member spotlight is Mary Zeaki from Kymeli Hand Made.  Mary is from Greece, her work is beautiful!



What kind of Art Dolls do you create?


OOAK Art Dolls 
  





















and dolls for play ...























What is your primary medium?
Textil. 


How long have you been a doll maker?

I am a doll maker since March 2012.



How did you get your start in doll making?

I used to create various things,but not dolls.
A friend asked me to create a doll for a newborn baby girl,
so I designed a very simple pattern and
that was my first step in the magic world of dolls ...




















Last November I created my first Art Doll 'Aggeliki'
for the name day of the friend who gave me the order for my first doll ...


















Do you have a favorite doll that you have made? 

I love so much all of my dolls.
I think each doll has something special
I feel like a mother who can't choose between her children
So, I will pick my daughter's favourite .
'Juliet' was my third art doll.






















What are your favorite materials to create with?
Fabric, wool, lace, clay, painting colours, precious stones, ribbons ... 

Where does your inspiration come from?
Everything can inspire me .
I think it depends on the moment and the mood.

 What is your favorite venue to share your work? 
My Facebook page :
Kymeli Hand Made


What are you currently working on?

I am working on a collection of ballerinas


















Where can our fans find you on line? 
and under constraction :




2 comments:

  1. These are very lovely dolls and it's really nice to find someone who makes both play dolls and art dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rhissanna for your kind words ... :)

      Delete